“Pro Motion Hire is a leading equipment hire company for broadcast and digital content, supplying cameras, sound, lighting and accessories to location and studio-based filming.
We understand that all activities in equipment hire have some impact on the environment. We believe that our performance as a well-recognised facilities house operating nationwide will be measured not only by our success as a business but also by our impact on the shared environment. As such we are proactively and continuously reviewing what we can do to limit our impact and reduce our footprint.
Whilst we continue to adhere to government guidelines for our environmental policy we also want to go beyond that to continue to educate our staff and clients across the industry to make positive changes to ensure we are as energy efficient and environmentally friendly as possible. Working together across the industry we believe we can all make positive changes to minimise our impact on the environment. We want to continually make changes to our day to day, as well as our overriding policies, that enable us to become carbon neutral and then carbon positive in as short a time as possible”.
Jessica Lolliot – Commercial Director
This environment management system will cover our premises at:
Promotion Hire we are committed to help protect the environment by minimising the impact of:
- Energy consumption
- Travel and transport
- Use of paper and plastic
We will commit to continous improvement to prevent pollution and actively encourage good environmental behaviour at a corporate and individual level by:
- Monitoring our consumption of energy and materials, and setting annual targets for reduction.
- Ensuring that, where possible, we switch to sources that have a less harmful impact on the environment.
- Discouraging a ‘disposable’ culture and switching, where possible and where the impacts are lower, to products that are reusable, recyclable or naturally degradable.
- Encouraging environmentally responsible personal and business travel, and ensuring all Operational employees and contractors are aware of our aims and expectations
- Complying with all legal and other requirements. We make it our business to know when new UK or EU legislation comes into force.
Furthermore, we actively encourage our suppliers and clients to act environmentally responsible.
This policy is publicly available, and a copy will be held at reception.